5 Must-read Reasons Why a Blog Is Beneficial for Your Ecommerce Brand
- January 19, 2022
- Posted by: Eden Content Hub
- Category: Uncategorized
There are over four billion people online connected to the internet. However, research shows that only 77% read blogs. This report poses a great advantage for ecommerce brands and store to leverage blogging as a pivotal marketing technique to skyrocket their net sales.
An e-commerce blog is an integral marketing channel like social media, email marketing, and so on, that assists in business growth. In addition, top-rated e-commerce brands leverage the use of blogging to build their business brands. Interestingly, their consistency and irresistibility makes them thrive beyond the reach of other small business.
Blogging is more potent because it spreads faster than a brand’s logo or graphic design. Additionally, blogging helps in building a brand’s reputation and visibility. Also, it enhances the quality of traffic to any site and helps in attracting potential clients.
Still not convinced that e-commerce blogging is much more valuable?
There are numerous reasons why your e-commerce store should have a blog. In this article, I have compiled five different reasons why your e-commerce brand needs blogging.
Let’s delve in!
Five Reasons Why Ecommerce Businesses Need a Blog
- Build SEO Faster and Easier
Most e-commerce brands have difficulty getting noticed on the web, even when they contain unique, genuine, and vital content. Publishing relevant and high-quality content on your e-commerce blog will organically increase the visibility of your brand.
However, to run a successful e-commerce business, you must be sure to invest your time and resources in driving more traffic to your website. Each time a new consumer attains your website via your blog, you create a new lead and eventually sales for brands. This is why to rank your brand highly on search engines like Google- blogging is the proactive measure of achieving that.
There are a few different SEO tactics you can use to optimize your website which will drastically increase the awareness of your brand:
- Add relevant keywords: Keywords are the bedrock of a good SEO campaign. Putting keywords on your site is necessary to get them noticed by the search engines. However, blog posts provide the perfect platform for using these keywords organically. Using a blog allows you to target keywords that your landing pages cannot.
- Attain links from other sites: Research has shown that blog companies get 97% more links to their websites. SEO campaigns increase the number of links you receive from other websites. In this way, Google sees this as an indication that your site provides accurate, helpful, and well-written content. Blogging is an excellent way to increase the number of links to your website and content.
- Optimize small factors like page speed and length: A page’s speed indicates how fast it loads content. Having a fast page speed is essential if you want your website to generate traffic, sales, in-store visits, or phone calls.
- Build Your Brand’s Loyalty
Using business blogging for e-commerce brands utilizes content marketing which will improve your company’s online visibility. Besides, consistency, trust, and recognition are essential to building a successful brand. With this, you can quickly build new opportunities to generate leads and customers for your business by ensuring your brand is found by the right people.
Having a well-written blog can help build a brand, which people will trust, that is, it helps in building your brands loyalty. Additionally, it assist in conveying to your audience helpful information and tools, which helps in retaining them.
The key to customer retention is brand loyalty, which encompasses everything your company does – from sourcing materials to packaging products and optimizing email marketing campaigns. With this, it is easier for clients to stick to your brand.
Furthermore, creating brand loyalty with current and respective customers is possible when businesses provide high-value content.
Blogging applies to your e-commerce brand loyalty in the following ways:
- It provides you with a strategic edge over your competition and lets you stand out: The effect of popular and professional blogs is manifested when customers nominate your business as their “Favorite brand,” among other brands. Many consumers routinely choose the same ones, no matter the number of new blogs they are exposed to from other companies.
- It helps to lessen your marketing effort: With your existing brand recognition, reader familiarity, and repeat traffic, your marketing becomes organic and stays that way. Of course, your brand has become a beacon to attract new consumers. Also, as you gain brand loyalty, you can focus on doing more work and increasing your readership. In other ways, you save both time and money, allowing you to work smarter, not harder.
- It helps to lower the Cost of Acquiring Customers (CAC): The cost of acquiring new customers reduces as loyal and reputable consumers stick to your brands and spread your brand’s manifestation through their reviews on your site.
- Supports Your Social Media Effort
When it comes to social media, communication is critical. Moreover, a brand’s social media pages are followed primarily because of exciting content.
When blogging is accumulated to social media, it assists in attracting potential clients to penetrate your business, generating more leads, and increasing traffic to your sites. Also, social media acts as a catalyst for e-commerce brands in growing sales.
Social media and blogging work parallel with each other; they work best when effectively executed together. In addition to providing information about new products and advising unfamiliar people about the potential of products available on your various platforms, it is both a provider and an advisor for several demographics.
The usage of social media and blogging can drive more traffic to your sites, boost conversion rates, and build a strong community of loyal followers. However, you can utilize these two aspects of digital marketing campaigns in promoting your brand products and services and yielding authorized leads.
The most effective way to maximize your marketing strategies is to align your blogging and social media presence. Here are some tips on how e-commerce brands can align blogging and social media for earning visibility, traffic, and sales:
- Get clear about who your potential clients are and your competitors.
- Be assured that your blog’s branding and social media graphics correspond.
- Essentially, always focus on quality before quantity.
- Make it convenient for your followers to find links to your post by including your blog post on your social media platform to increase share ability.
There are several social media platforms you can utilize to scale your e-commerce brand:
Social media plays an integral aspect in the e-commerce ecosystem. However, it is vital to understand how to layout a productive technique for employing the sales power contained within each social network.
- Boosts Your Brand’s Conversion Rate
Blogs are powerful tools for brands’ conversion rate when done correctly. Similarly, they prove an invaluable connection for your business, draw new customers to your site and engage clients in such a way social media can’t. Also, conversion rate optimization holds the potential of converting visitors to customers.
Low conversion rates indicate several difficulties, such as non-attractive offers, inadequate designed websites, poor website content and more. Therefore, solicit your brand’s website content enough for the visitor to stay and scan through all the services offered by your brand.
However, posting periodically on a standalone blog page is unlikely to generate the conversion rate you intend to get. Yet, it requires you to integrate your blog effectively into your product and service pages.
Here are a few practical blogging tips that will skyrocket your brand conversion rate:
- Share Your Story: One way to distinguish an engaging post from one without much charisma is the ability of the writer to tell a story or share an experience. When writing your blog post, be sure to include your brand history, information and its founder. Also, state your business mission and vision, as this will engage more consumers.
- Share Customers’ Testimonials: This is an essential factor determining whether a visitor clicks purchase or looks for another brand while scrolling through your site. Customer testimonials come in the form of reviews, quotes, videos, and more. Furthermore, E-consultancy shows that 61% of customers go through and trust online reviews when purchasing goods or services. However, this presents a high opportunity to generate more sales.
- Integrate Videos Into Your Blog Post: Research shows that videos increase the conversion rate of e-commerce industries. When adding videos to your blog post, include high-quality ones because it speaks thousands of words. Leverage this to your post to increase the conversion rate of your brand.
- Develop Customer Relationship
With blogging, you can become an expert in your particular field, significantly enhancing customer relationships. In today’s digital world, the production of high-quality and reliable content helps in developing customers connection. With that, it helps in developing your e-commerce brand to become an authority in your field.
Relationship with consumers doesn’t end the moment they visit your site or the moment they get a product from your brand; it has to go deeper than that. How?
By making sure they have a reason to come back for more. Blogs are used to notify consumers and followers about the ongoing developments related to your products and services sold in your brand. Also, make sure they know about crucial strategic changes in your industry.
Research shows that an average of 68% of new customers comes from existing customers. When there is an increase in the trust of your brand, it will not only assist in retaining previous customers but also help in getting more consumers and connecting them to your brand.
Make your blog a source of vital information, respond to comments and questions of your consumers directly on your website, as this will also foster relationships with your customers.
The creation of engaging and enchanting content pulls customers in and helps to develop better customer relationships. Below are a few clues for developing customer relationships with captivating blogs:
- Create a Compelling Headline: Headlines are the first aspect of content that captivates readers; it either makes them read more or make them scroll away. Additionally, they are the key driver of traffic to your blog. To create a magnetic headline for your blog post, make sure it is compelling enough to acquire and retain readers.
- Come Up With A Captivating Opening Paragraph: A captivating paragraph draws readers and entices them to continue reading, which is what makes your content easy to read. The creation of a good introduction hooks readers and connects them to you.
- Develop A Compelling End: A powerful ending of your blog post is what keeps your customers coming back for more. In addition, the ending aspect of your e-commerce blog is a great spot to let your readers know or remind them about the products and services your brand offers. Most importantly, generate a powerful ending to hook your customers.
With a clear understanding of the benefits of blogging for your e-commerce brand, this is an opportunity to make your store shine among other competitors. Moreover, it is not a day job; you have to devote your time to maintain the blog regularly.
It is an active and significant marketing mechanism for scaling your e-commerce brand. Also, it is an activity that your e-commerce brand will benefit from in the long term.
What are you waiting for?
The sooner, the better! Get started and make your business grow organically.
However, do you need the help of a professional blog writer with vast experience in e-commerce niche to handle your blog?
Eden Content Hub is here to help you out!
We have as a team a group of native-speaking blog writers and editors who create top-notch and audience-gluing blog posts your audience cannot resist.
Want to know more about us? Visit edencontenthub.com now and you will be glad you did.